Attend Our Live Webinar:
Ethical Practices for Professionals
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm EASTERN TIME
(If you are located in another time zone, please check against
local times to ensure you log into the webinar at the correct time.)
Credit: 2-HOURS OF CFP ETHICS CE* (please read requirements below)
Fee: $49.00 (USD)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PAYMENT / REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- CFP ONLY license: $49.00
- CIMA / CPWA ONLY license: $49.00
- CFP AND CIMA / CPWA licenses: $49.00 plus an additional fee of $25.00
(“Investments & Wealth Institute® has accepted this CFP Ethics webinar
for 2 hours of CE credit towards the CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, and RMA® certifications.”)
Unable to attend this month’s webinar? Receive updates and registration information for future webinars by clicking on the Subscribe button above.
*CE CREDIT INFORMATION FOR CFP ETHICS LIVE WEBINAR
(Webinar consists of a 120 minute (2 hour) presentation.)
- Approved to meet the mandatory two (2) credit hour CE CFP Ethics requirement
(Webinar does NOT include state insurance credit.)
- BEST will report the completed credit on your behalf within five (5) business days of this live webinar, as long as you have provided your advanced designation information at registration
- In order to be granted credit and receive a Certificate of Completion, advisors MUST:
- Be logged into AND viewing the video/presentation
NOT just listening to the audio (**See technical information below.)
- View the entire presentation
- Complete ALL polling AND quiz questions during the webinar (no examination)
- Complete the webinar Evaluation Form at the conclusion of the webinar
During the webinar, Ed will present the CFP Board’s Ethics CE program to help bring CFP® professionals up-to-date on the new Code and Standards.
This webinar is approved by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. and meets the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and
Practice Standards Ethics CE requirement. It provides a comprehensive update and review of the CFP Board’s new Code of Ethics and
Standards of Conduct (Code and Standards), with an emphasis on explaining to CFP® professionals what they need to do to meet the new standards.
- Identify the structure and content of the revised Code and Standards, including significant changes and how the changes affect CFP® professionals.
- Act in accordance with CFP Board’s fiduciary duty.
- Apply the Practice Standards when providing Financial Planning.
- Recognize situations when specific information must be provided to a Client.
- Recognize and avoid, or fully disclose and manage, Material Conflicts of Interest.
The webinar consists of:
- Five learning objectives
- Five vignettes (review questions)
- Interactive polling questions at the end of each learning objective (except Learning Objective Number Four)
- Five interactive quiz questions after Learning Objective Number Five and its polling questions have been presented
- Webinar Evaluation Form at the conclusion of the presentation
(Which will open after you have left the webinar. You will also receive a follow-up email 2 days after the webinar is over,
that will contain a link to the Evaluation Form found at the end of the email.)
Edward J. Barrett, Founder, President and CEO of Broker Educational Sales & Training, Inc. (BEST) has for more than four decades educated, trained and coached advisors across all channels, from wirehouse to regional, to the independent broker-dealer and bank channel. He uses real-life experiences to address complex financial planning issues with a teaching style that makes learning entertaining and educational!
PAYMENT / REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION:
NOTE: Three steps are required to complete the CFP Ethics registration process:
- Payment: DO NOT CLOSE YOUR WEB PAGE after you have finished paying for the webinar, you will either be automatically taken to a registration page
OR you must click on the “Go to Registration Form” button found at the bottom left of the
online receipt page (NOT the emailed receipt).
- Registration form: fill out the form (on a separate web page than the payment/receipt pages).
DO NOT CLOSE YOUR WEB PAGE,
you will then be automatically taken to the GoToWebinar form page.
- GoToWebinar form: fill out the short form (First Name, Last Name, Email) to receive an email with your unique
“Join Webinar” button/link at the email address you entered. (also on a separate web page than the registration form)
If you have not gone through all three steps,
you are NOT fully registered for the webinar!
Register by following the detailed instructions listed below: (It is preferable that you use a desktop computer or a laptop and an Internet Explorer browser when paying and registering.)
- Pay for the event by clicking on one of the desired “PAY NOW” buttons listed at the bottom of the payment page
- Payment is non-refundable. If you are unable to attend the webinar, credit will be provided for the next available webinar
- After payment, a receipt will be presented which you can print for your records and you will also receive an email at the
address you provided during payment (please keep a record of the email you used to pay for the webinar)
- Check your email. The subject will be “Transaction Receipt from BROKER EDUCATIONAL SALES”
- You will need the Authorization # from the emailed receipt to complete your registration
- If not automatically taken to the registration page,
within the online receipt page, click on the “Go to Registration Form”
button found at the bottom left of the page to complete registration
(see below for registration instructions)
After clicking on the “Go to Registration Form” button at the bottom of the Payment page, you will be directed to a Registration page. After reading the instructions found at the top of this page, scroll down to the “Attendee Registration Form” section and do the following:
- Complete the Attendee Registration Form by typing in all the information requested in each of the boxes, completely and accurately.
- After completing the Attendee Registration Form, click on the “SUBMIT THIS FORM” button to file your registration with BEST for the event.
You should receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org shortly after submitting.
- After clicking the “SUBMIT THIS FORM” button, you will be taken to the GoToWebinar website where you will enter your First Name,
Last Name and Email address to receive a unique link to access the webinar in your email. This link will contain the information about the
webinar, a system checker, to make sure you can access the webinar, and a toll-free number for GoToWebinar support.
You should receive a total of three (3) emails:
- One from our payment processing company with a subject line of “Transaction Receipt from BROKER EDUCATIONAL SALES,” which contains the Authorization Number needed to register
- One from email@example.com
- One from GoToWebinar, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your unique link to access the webinar
REGISTRATION SUPPORT & CONTACT INFORMATION
- Assistance registering and/or general questions and information regarding the webinar, please email our Marketing Department at
email@example.com or call 1-800-345-5669.
- Payment questions and assistance, please email our Accounting Associate at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-345-5669.
- Questions regarding CE credit, please email our Accreditation Department at
email@example.com or call 1-800-345-5669.
- Technical issues with GoToWebinar’s interface, please read below.
GOTOWEBINAR TECHNICAL INFORMATION/SUPPORT (DAY OF WEBINAR)
- The webinar’s interface is provided by a 3rd party company called GoToWebinar and Broker Educational Sales & Training, Inc.
(BEST) DOES NOT offer any support for GoToWebinar’s interface.
- Some companies block GoToWebinar’s interface and advisors are not able to view the video/presentation and/or listen to the audio.
- Please use a NON-WORK related device that is NOT connected to your company’s internet or Wi-Fi such as a personal:
Log into the webinar at least 10-15 minutes PRIOR to the webinar’s start time to ensure that everything is working properly BEFORE the webinar presentation begins.
System Test (be sure to check BEFORE the webinar start date)
- Desktop computer
If you have the following issues on the day of the webinar:
- Click on the following underlined text:
Basic System Check to begin the first round of testing.
- The above will only test your basic system compatibility, but will not be a full blown test. For a complete system test, click on “Try a test session,” found on the bottom left-hand side of the same page. Another small window should pop-up and ask you wish to, “Open GoTo Opener?” Ignore the “Always open these types of links in the associated app” section and click on the “Open GoTo Opener” button. This will launch the GoToWebinar software installation program, which is usually the culprit when trying to join our webinar.
- Trouble logging into the webinar (i.e. the GoToWebinar Opener software program is not downloading/launching and/or installing correctly
- Technical issues during the live presentation of the webinar (i.e. loss of video and/or sound)
- Contact GoToWebinar’s support toll-free at: (877) 582-7011 for assistance.
Upcoming CFP Ethics Webinars
NOTE: Dates and times are subject to change.
*Please be aware that all times listed are Eastern Time Zone.
||2:00PM – 4:00PM ET
||2:00PM – 4:00PM ET
||2:00PM – 4:00PM ET
||2:00PM – 4:00PM ET
||2:00PM – 4:00PM ET